Pit Boss Job Application
Pit Boss/Kitchen Manager Job Description
The Pit Boss/Asst GM will work closely with the General Manager to oversee production of the finest barbecue and side dishes the world has ever known. He/she will be responsible for imparting the vision of the GM for Axis Smokehouse to all employees. He/she will be responsible for food quality, quality of service, food safety, occupational safety, customer satisfaction and appearance and cleanliness of Axis Smokehouse.
The Pit Boss/Asst GM, along with the GM, owns the barbecue process. They are the only people who will ever touch the smoker. Meat preparation will be largely the responsibility of the Pit Boss/Asst GM until we have trained the line cooks to reliably do the job.
The Pit Boss/Asst GM will oversee 2 line/prep cooks, and possibly more as business grows. Therefore, the Pit Boss/Asst GM must actively recruit, interview, hire, onboard, train, manage, reward, and (if needed) terminate employees according to the processes and standards of Axis Smokehouse.
- You love smoke. You love what smoke does to all things edible.
- You think about welding up your own off-set smoker and taking it to competition.
- You love to sit by your smoker and watch it smoke. You know central Texas barbecue is the finest in the world.
- You are not a jerk.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years managing a kitchen
- Certified Food Safety Manager
- No Felonies
- Ability to do any job in the kitchen
- Proficient with MS Office
- Understanding of POS Systems
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays. 40 hours minimum. Overtime for events.
- Must have reliable transportation
What Puts You Over the Top
Experience smoking meats on J&R Manufacturing Smokers
The ability to create amazing dishes
You have opened a kitchen before
Competitive hourly rate + quarterly profit sharing up to an additional 10% of pay